Wednesday, August 24, 2016

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Yesterday was the last day of freedom as the grandkids said sadly.   So, the day was spent doing things with them including supper out.

If you ever find yourself in Morgan, Utah (A nice little town off of Interstate 84.), you need to have supper at Larry's Spring Chicken Inn.  More to the point, you need to have their chicken dinner.  They do not fix the chicken until ordered so it does take a while, but the food...oh my goodness, the food is absolutely delicious.  And the portions are enough for a couple meals.   And for desert there's a variety of home-made pies.   I can't say enough good things about this restaurant...you need to check it out for yourself when/if you're in the area.

So, I was working on the pumpkin part of the wall hanging when I realized that there was a problem. I cut the strips 3/4 inches wide, and I wove four strips together but it is too hard to figure out a way to keep them all together and straight.  Gluing seemed to take too long and hand sewing was difficult. Remember, I am teaching this in a workshop and I need to have the process down pat.

I think I have come up with a solution...fabric adhesive sheets like Steam-a-Seam or Heat & Bond which, of course, I do not have.  So tomorrow I'll pick up some and try it out.   If the pumpkin is cut out of whole cloth rather than woven, there isn't a problem.  But a woven pumpkin will need it.

I have a few more pictures from my walk at Silver Lake. A good deal of the walk is on marsh so an elevated walkway is needed.


I also found a couple of unique nature designs.   The first is a leafless bush and the second is a group of tall trees.


Well, I made a casserole for supper this evening.   Simple:  Potatoes, ground beef, onions, mixed veggies and a white sauce.  Not sure if the grandkids will like it.  It's almost time for them to come home so I will close this post for now.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...
By the way, reach out to your friends and make sure all is well.  You never know when someone is in need unless you do...