Thursday, November 17, 2016

A LITTLE PARKING LUCK, FABRIC AUDITION, THANKFULNESS & BLOG LINK

Grant us the grace to change what is easy,
The courage to change what is difficult,
And the wisdom to see the need for both. 


A LITTLE PARKING LUCK
I over slept this morning...by a lot.  I didn't get out of bed until 10:30am (course, I went to bed late, late, late this morning.).  Well, I was about to get up,  thinking that I'd better get up and feed the cats who were staring intently at me when all of a sudden I realized...Oh No!  It's Thursday! And Lady J is in a Thursday spot.

For those of you who do not know, in NYC, alternative parking sides of the street means that you have to move your car on those days at designated times for street cleaning.

I jumped out of bed, got dressed in literally a minute, picked up my car keys and wallet took the stairs down, out to the car, positive I was going to find a ticket.

Nope, no ticket!  A big sigh of relief.  I got in the car and was going to leave (it was about 10:35am at this time.) when I noticed other folks, parked in a Thursday spot, but staying with their cars.  Ah-ha I thought, why not stay here and leave only if the street cleaner comes.  Which I did. No street cleaning today.  We all locked our cars and went back to our apartments.   Can I say luck was with me today?

FABRIC AUDITION
I know I am thinking ahead, but I need to get a sample done for the January Focus Group so I can show it in December.  I am going share with folks how to have fun making Happy Villages using the technique that Karen Eckmeier developed which you can find in her book here.  (Please note I have no connection to either Amazon or Ms. Eckmeier.)

So here's the main fabrics, background and houses...
Other fabrics for the windows and roofs will be added but this is what I have so far.  I love these villages. They are so much fun to make.  You might want to try making a small wall hanging.

THANKFULNESS
Do I even have to state what I am thankful for today? After my parking luck? Well, in case you are wondering, I am thankful that I did not get a ticket today.

SUSAN BRANCH LINK
If you follow Susan Branch's Blog, you know that she has a great site for homemaking ideas.  And it's just plain fun to read. But, her post 'We Have To Believe We Are Magic...' is a wonderful outpouring of heartfelt apprehension, information and encouragement about our nation. It's is not a short post, but it is really worth every minute reading it. You can find her post here. I hope you grab a cup of tea and find a quiet place to read it now.

Wow, another week is almost gone...
And we're still here...
And the sun continues to rise on our little patch of ground...
So, keep the faith...
Stay engaged...
And thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...
(It may be late, tho)