Tuesday, November 15, 2016

ARTICLES WORTH READING, THANKFULNESS, ANOTHER CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT, PAULA NADELSTERN PROGRAM AT EMPIRE QUILT GUILD

Grant us the grace to change what is easy,
The courage to change what is difficult,
And the wisdom to see the need for both. 


ARTICLES WORTH READING
Well, yesterday I told you I would share a couple of links to some articles that I found interesting, so here they are.

First up,  an article by Kara Fleck at The Art of Simple Blog.  The article is titled 'Small Changes, Small Victories'.  In it, Kara describes how simplifying is not always as easy as some make it out to be, especially in a very busy household.  You don't have to have a busy household, though, to enjoy reading it.  I found it funny and refreshing.  You can read the article here.

Next, an article by Beth Dargis at My Simpler Life Blog.  The article, 'Adding Peace to Your Day' has something to say to all of us who need a large dose of that in our life right now.  Beth lists several ways that we can achieve peace with simple acts.  I'm partial to a walk, would love one in the woods right now.   Check out the article here.

THANKFULNESS
I stayed up late last night, first with the football game (You do remember that I am a football nut, right?) and then working on things on the computer.  It was well after 3am before sleepiness finally took over.  And I slept all night through until late this morning  (10am!!).  Pure bliss, can I say.  So I am thankful for a wonderful night of sleep.  The first since a week ago.

Now it's your turn...can you think of something right now, quietly, to yourself, that you are thankful for?  I bet there's so many to choose from that you can generously be thankful/grateful for more than one, or two or even a half-dozen.

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT
I have found the third ornament to make and it's also easy.  It's a felt ornament that really looks rich. I want to lightly spray it with adhesive and sprinkle on some glitter...not a lot, but just enough to sparkle.

All you need is felt, embroidery thread, and maybe some beads which is what I used plus a scissors. I found this on Pinterest and followed the link to the blog to find instructions.  You can even print out a sheet with the size of the squares.  Right that's all you cut out...squares.

And this is the finished tree (without glitter).  I used five beads at the bottom to secure the bottom and then eight at the top to make a circle for hanging.

You can find the instructions and free print out at This Heart of Mine Blog hosted by Amy Christie. Check out the information here.

PAULA NADELSTERN AT THE EMPIRE QUILT GUILD
Paula is really a class act in presentation, performance and quilting. If you ever have the opportunity to see her, be sure to do it.  Here's Paula...


And here are photos of some of her quilts...




Just beautiful...

Well, that's all for today folks.
Thanks for stopping in here.
Remember, Keep the faith!
Talk to you tomorrow.