Tuesday, November 22, 2016

TURKEY $$$, YO-YO CHRISTMAS TREES, THANKFULNESS

Grant us the grace to change what is easy,
The courage to change what is hard,
The Wisdom to see the need for both


TURKEY $$$
So, today I did a lot of walking, up to the post office to mail some packages (No, not Christmas Packages yet, I should be so lucky.), then to the drug store and finally to the supermarket.  I had my back sack so I could carry home three things.  Pecans - let me tell you, they are hard to find in this neck of the woods, yams (one of my sons would not forgive me if I didn't make candied yams.  He doesn't eat the yams only the brown sugar, cream and butter sauce!!!) and a small turkey.  

Well, once I lifted my face off the floor at the price of turkeys (and these were not even organic ones) I decided that maybe we would go with only ham this year.  The least expensive was $39 all the way up to $119 per turkey.  Hello...is it that way all over?  Was there a turkey shortage that I didn't hear about? Did they all run away?

Okay, well how about a turkey breast.  The least expensive was $19.97 for about four servings!  I came home with two large turkey legs!!!  I am the only one who really likes turkey and this should at least give me a taste...and make great gravy.

Tomorrow, I will go back and pick up a ham. I am also going to make two pies:  Pumpkin and pecan.

YO-YO CHRISTMAS TREES
They are all done, including one with leftover yo-yos.  I used embroidery floss to gather them into a tree shape - all the strands. They really turned out cute.  Check these out...

THANKFULNESS
You know, for some people the simple act of walking is hard. As I have gotten older, it seems to be easier and easier for me to walk longer and longer lengths. Go figures. Makes no sense to me but that is what I am thankful for...my ability to get around. Maybe not always gracefully, but still walking from one point to another.

And let me tell you, carrying about 18 pounds in a back sack is much easier than in a bag. I picked mine up at Goodwill a while back. Nothing great, just a plain black back sack which I have really fallen in love with...well, as much as one can fall in love with a back sack!!!

On tap tomorrow...talking with friends, baking pies and picking up a ham...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...