Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, Monday...

   For folks visiting my studio, 
click the link Where Bloggers Create on the side bar.


PICTURE OF THE DAY:
Our two 'watch' kitties making sure that nothing...

Including a chipmonk sitting on the table...

Nor the squirrel in the yard...

Gets to the bird feeder...only birds have that privilege!!!

I have been trying to catch the squirrel in the act of getting to the bird feeder.   So far I have seen him climb up the gazebo/tent and jump over.   I have also seen him jump up from the flower containers.   The only good thing is that he can't get very much seed out of the feeder itself!!!!

Well, I hope your weekend was relaxing.   I did a little of this and a little of that.   First of all, remember last week's butterfly craft...the inchie butterflies?   Well, here are pictures of four with the back applied.   I like the finished look.   That little bit of yellow/gold showing around the edges just seems to complete the look.   What do you think?


I also made a heat pack out of flannel and uncooked rice...

These are very simple to make.   I used two thicknesses of flannel because the fabric was well used, but very soft.   After deciding the size, I placed the two right sides together and sewed around three sides, leaving the top open.   I then turned it right side out and sewed several channels about one and a half inches wide from the bottom (sewn) edge to an inch from the top.

I made a funnel out of paper and put about 1/8 of a cup of rice in each channel.   I don't stuff the sections but rather allow the rice to move easily.  After making sure all the rice was at the bottom, I sewed across the channels from one side to the other.   I repeated for another section.   For the final section, after adding the rice I turned the raw edges inwards and sewed across the channels twice.

You can heat these in the microwave for hot application or keep them in the freezer for cold application.   (When heating make sure that it does not get so hot that it can burn.)  The heat and cold last for a long, long time.

You can just add the rice to a plain square (like a beanbag) but adding the channels and sections distributes the rice more evenly.  

Well, that's all for today...

Thanks for visiting...