Friday, January 8, 2021

Confusion and Mystery Quilt

Yes, I know that I may be pushing spring a bit early with the picture of a lilac.  Actually, I don't really want spring to come sooner but I sure would like a little more light in the daytime.

So, I'm still having a hard time processing the events of Wednesday.  I heard one participant exclaim to a reporter, "Why are they shooting at us.  We're patriots...we're not BLM."

To let you know of my confusion at that statement...well, there are many things about that statement that confuse me.  For instance, how can anyone think that storming our capital is okay.  But that wasn't my initial confusion.   

If you're from the west you have a different understanding of the letters BLM.  Out west that stands for Bureau of Land Management.  I had to stop and think...that doesn't make any sense.  Then I realized that what she meant was Black Lives Matter...something I definitely agree with.  So to her, it was okay to shoot at black folks but not white folks, even white folks committing an illegal act.  Give me a break!!! 

So, while watching tv, I did manage to add to the mystery quilt.  (This is going to be very big!)  The instructions are to add four log cabin blocks.  I added six...six big ones.  Check out this photo...

I wanted to add the same green that is in the center, but I didn't have any.  And shopping from your stash was one of the original suggestions.   So I added the other green.  

I realize that the quilt seems unconnected at this point so I am going to add more turquoise circles as well as a thin turquoise border all around.

Well, that's all for today and this week.  Tomorrow I have a large guild meeting with Cindy Grisdela as our speaker.  I am looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend.  If you like football, there are three games shown on Saturday and three on Sunday!!!

Talk with you on Monday...