Monday, February 21, 2011

My Journey of Change

Greetings!  It's good to be back blogging.   I really was not up to doing any writing during our family crisis, but I did miss it.   I have been debating whether to let folks know who died as I have always tried to keep family members out of my blog...personal, yes...but family, no.

Well, this is both family and personal.   And many of you have questioned who died so I have decided to not only share the information, but also to add something new to my blog about how I am dealing with the loss.  

The family member who died was my husband.   We had hoped that moving out west would increase his chances of getting a transplant sooner than back east.  But, unfortunately, things did not go as hoped for and he died, surrounded in love by all our children as well as myself.

After forty-three years of marriage, I am finding that I must now forge a new life without him.   One of the gifts we gave each other was the knowledge (and permission) that each of us was capable of building a new life if and when the other died. 

What I am going to add to my blog is a section at the end called 'My Journey of Change".   I thought that as this will be central to my life right now, my blog would not be authentic without taking this loss into consideration.

This does not mean that my blog will be focusing on loss and sorrow.   To the contrary, I celebrate his life and our life together.   But now things are different and that means...actually requires...a change.   And because of the strength of our life and love together, I know that I can forge ahead and make a new life for myself.

And, as odd as it may sound, I am looking forward to doing it.   Not because it was something I've always wanted to do, but because now that I have to do it, I would rather approach it positively rather than negatively.   I guess I have always been a 'glass half full' type of person.

So, my blog will continue as usual with journaling and craft ideas as well as ideas on simple and frugal living.  But on some days, I will also add a section about my journey of change.

I hope you will continue to stop by for a visit.   And once I get my camera up and running again, I will definitely be adding pictures.

Tomorrow's focus is 'journaling'.  Stop in and see what's new...maybe you can contribute some ideas along with mine.

Thanks for visiting...