Thursday, May 30, 2013

SUN!!!!!

Yes, it's sunny, breezy, and just plain beautiful out.   I have windows and doors open.   Oh, and the lilacs outside the front window are completely refreshing the air inside...

And a quick walk around the house found some more flowers ready to bloom...

So, what are you up to today?   Now that my vacation is on hold at least until I know what's going on with my truck, I decided to redo my studio/office.   Thus a mess...

 
And believe me, these pictures really don't do the mess justice.   I have stuff all over the living room and kitchen.    The reason I am doing this is because I am taking time to sort things.   Duplicates that I use will go into the trailer.   Things I don't want are being donated.   And things I use often are going to more easily accessible areas.

The last time I arranged my office this way, I enclosed the area behind the tables.   It felt much too confining.   This time, I am placing the tables closer to the living room and window wall of the dining room so that I am not totally enclosed.   Also there is enough room for my chair to move to the sewing machine table.

I may place a curtain around the outside of the tables to conceal stuff under the tables.   I'm just not sure if that will make it less airy or not.   I was thinking of using a heavy duty drop cloth (which is what I am using to make slipcovers for my two wingback chairs) with no gathers and attaching it with velcro.   What do you think?   Are these ideas workable or not?

By the way, are you going to do the Index Card A Day?  It begins June 1st.

Check out the Daisy Yellow blog for information.  ( http://daisyyellowart.com/)  Sounds like fun to me.

Thanks for dropping in...

Enjoy the rest of your day...

See you tomorrow (Wow!   It will be Friday!)...