Friday, May 10, 2013

The Cherry on Top of the Week's Sundae

Today was a another great day.   I had the pleasure of hearing Barbara Damrosch speak.   My picture is not great, but her talk was...
 
She and her husband Elliot Coleman are professional gardeners who garden all twelve months in Maine...way up north!!   They have been on PBS shows frequently.   Ms. Damrosch has written several books.   She also has a garden column at the Washington Post.

Mr. Coleman bought his property to start the Four Seasons Farm from the Nearings and Ms. Damrosch actually knew Helen Nearing.   (If you're not familiar with the story about the Nearings, it is worth your time to check them out on the internet.  They were forerunners of the back-to-the-land movement.)

For me, this was the cherry on the top of the week's sundae!  

I do have more pictures from around the yard and neighborhood...






The weather today began bright and sunny, then it got cloudy in the afternoon finally ending with rain.   But, I did get the front yard mowed and trimmed before the rain.    So the week's yard work is done.   I even planted the last three herbs in a planter.   So I now have nine herbs in three containers which I plan on taking with me on my vacation...really...I do...

Weekend plans?   Mine include lots of things from cleaning, to crafting, to checking out some flea markets (unless it rains), to drawing up a list of things I have to do before I leave...ummm...that may take a while.   I just may concentrate on crafting...what do you think?

Thanks for checking in with me...

I hope you have a great weekend...be sure to take some time for yourself...