Monday, July 29, 2013

CASCO BAY TOUR

Last Saturday was just about the most perfect day to take a boat tour of the Casco Bay Lighthouses.   Sunny, warm - about 80 degrees, calm seas and clear.   And the ninety minute tour was just the right length, especially for children. 

First lighthouse up was the Bug Lighthouse.  I haven't driven to this one but now that I know where the park is I plan on visiting it very soon...

Next up was the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse.   I drove there this week...
 

This is what it looks like from the boat...

What a difference a day makes!    The sky was so blue, as was the water, on the day of the tour compared to the overcast conditions on the day I drove there.

Portland Head Light Lighthouse was next.   I have taken picnics to this park (Fort Williams) many times and enjoyed the lighthouse.   This is a photograph from one of my visits by land...

And this is what it looked like from the boat...

It really is one of the most photographed and painted lighthouses on the East Coast.   Across from it is the Ram Island Ledge Lighthouse...

No easy access to this lighthouse, nor is it one that was comfortable to stay in.

Halfway Rock is where the seals congregate.   However on the day of the tour, the cormorants had taken up residency...

And finally, there were several beautiful flower boxes on the wharf...

If you ever visit Portland, Maine, I recommend taking one of the tours.   There are several boats as well as several different tours of the bay area...the choice is yours.

Here are my last three ICAD challenge cards...yes, I did do a couple ahead of time...

I enjoyed the ICAD challenge.   Index cards are small enough not to be too intimidating but large enough to try out new techniques. 

The INCHIE CHALLENGE begins on Thursday!   And can fall be very far off if the first preseason football game is this Sunday?  (And those who know me can tell you that I love football, both college and professional!)

I hope your weekend was relaxing and enjoyable...mine was just wonderful but then visits from grandchildren are always great, aren't they?

Thanks for taking a few minutes here...
See you tomorrow...
By the way, check out the new journal prompt...