Friday, November 13, 2015

SUBWAY WOES, CALENDAR WOES

If you've every ridden on the New York City Subways, you know that there are times when everything goes wrong.   Well, coming home from the Bronx yesterday was one of those days for me. Getting up to the Bronx was a bit of a hassle in that one of the express trains seemed to be missing in action.   But that only added some time.

Coming back, however, was a different story.   Not only delays...I mean...DELAYS...but also trains that were missing in action, express trains that stopped at unique stops, well, you get the idea.   In other words, a trip that normally took an hour and a quarter, that could go to an hour and three quarters at the most wound up well over two and a half hours.  I came home and literally collapsed.

Today I did my laundry...that may seem an easy thing to do.   You know, put the clothes in the washer, wait 20 minutes, transfer to the dryer, wait for an hour and then collect and fold.   Well, now that I have my own table top washer and spin dryer, I am once again doing it myself.   Yes, it takes longer and I have things draped all over the house drying including sheets, towels as well as my clothes.

But, I am saving around $20 a month which may not be a lot, but enough to treat myself a couple of times while walking around Manhattan.   There's a bonus...hand washing and drying are less hard on the clothes than using a washer and dryer.

You can see how overcast it was while I was out yesterday.   This was taken in the Bronx...

But, on the rooftop they were doing a photoshoot...

Interesting...

It was fun to watch.  

Okay, now for the typical question?   Can you believe that Turkey Day is less than two weeks away? And do you realize how close the Christmas Holiday is?   I am kind of flabbergasted at the calendar slide downhill.   I knew it was coming, but really.   Can it be this close already?

So how are you doing?   Are you even close to being ready?   Me, not quite.   Hey, I just finished getting my house organized and decorated for fall...Christmas, well, that's another thing.

So, back to making my gifts in earnest now.   No more slacking off.   Oh, and if you are thinking about buying Legos for someone, order early.   Lego announced that they may now be able to keep up with the demand this year.

Hope you all have a great weekend...
Talk to you on Monday...