Tuesday, April 26, 2016

FLOWERS IN MANHATTAN, A FREE NEWSLETTER AND THE LATEST CHALLENGE TAGS

FLOWERS IN MANHATTAN
Unless I am in Central Park, or any of the other small parks in the city, I usually don't find many flowers.   But yesterday I did see some beautiful ones.   They were outside the building in which I had my appointment.   Check these beauties out...







The sun was shining brightly when I took the photos.   The entire front of the building was full of flowers.   Interestingly...no tulips!!!

A FREE NEWSLETTER
Remember the Strathmore free workshops?   Well, they also have a free quarterly newsletter.   The featured article in the current newsletter (Spring 2016) titled 'Confessions of a Color Addict' by Carrie Alderfer showcases colored pencils.   I have taken several classes in colored pencils and love that medium myself.

Another article features a free online tutorial on water color.   The newsletter also has a question and answer feature.  True, they do talk about some of their products, but the information is valuable; and, it's free.   Check it out here.

CHALLENGE TAGS
Here are my latest challenge tags.   Remember that fiber was the theme.   The first photo includes two applique tags.   The first with hearts and strips added and the second with a fussy cut flower added to strips of fabric.

The second set of tags includes my version of a crazy quilt (the first on on the left) and a study in diamond shapes.

The white outlining is done with a white gel pen and the black outlining is done with a black marker.

I managed to get my walk in today between rain showers.   So far, the total for two days is five miles. I think I will make my goal of twelve miles this week.

Tomorrow, if all goes right, I will be visiting a shop that makes salami out of figs.   Sure sounds interesting.  And this weekend is Sakura Matsuri: Cherry Blossom Festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens which I hope to get to...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...