Monday, May 2, 2016

NYC TRAFFIC, WEEKEND, CHALLENGE ART TAGS, FREE CLASS

NYC TRAFFIC
I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago and the result was to get another script for my mid-length glasses...my organ/piano and computer ones.   They called last Saturday to let me know they were ready to be picked up.

So, away I went the morning, out to Valley Stream to pick them...well...not so fast.   Literally, not fast at all.   Read that red lights and five miles an hour.   And three lanes worked into four as a lot of cars drove on the shoulder.

After an hour and a half, I got off the Belt Parkway at Erskine...a trip that normally takes thirty minutes.   I got my grocery shopping done but no glasses.   I'll try again tomorrow.

WEEKEND
So did you have a great weekend?   I did enjoy my PBS shows including the mystery shows like 'Midsomer Murders' and 'Vera' and 'Grantchester'.  I didn't make black-eyed peas but I did make a meatloaf and homemade mac and cheese.   By the way, I did make my goal of walking 12 miles last week!!!

CHALLENGE ART TAGS
I managed to keep up with my tags...

The theme was using punches.   I actually have very few so I was limited by choice and I really didn't have any unique ideas.

FREE ONLINE CLASS
The second free workshop offered by Strathmore began today.   The title of the workshop is 'The Mind of Watercolor'.   Check out the information here.

There's a new monthly thought posted...give it a think!!! And there's a new weekly journal prompt posted also.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...