Wednesday, February 21, 2018

NO LUCK ON HOME SEARCH YET...

Hello everyone. Hope you are enjoying yourself today. Our weather here in NYC is really beautiful. Warm, sunny, springlike...and yes, I know that it is still February.  It was so nice yesterday that I went up north around the Harriman and Sterling National Parks to look at possible homes.

It was a bit colder around the lakes because, as one of my sons said, 'We are next to a giant ice cube!' But the ice had receded from the shore on many lakes, so a little casting was in order!!!

When I first got out of SnowWhite I really thought this was a snake...
...but it turned out to be a stick laying in the water! Whew!!!

So, after looking at the three homes in the Greenwood Lake area that I liked, two were not acceptable and the third, although nice had no real yard to grow a garden in...and that is important for me.  The other home we looked at (one which one of my sons was interested in) had such a steep incline in the road to get to it, along with no useable yard, that he also decided not to pursue that home. However, he did like the one home that was acceptable to me so he might pursue that one.

Tomorrow, I will be driving back up north and checking out some homes west of the two parks. I had thought about looking at mobile homes but all the parks in the area I am looking at have an HOA of $850 to $900 a month which when added to the cost of the trailer comes out to even more than I am paying for rent, so that's a none starter for me.

I finished that last two challenges from last week...


And I have begun the challenges for this week. The theme for One Little Tag this week is Wings so I am thinking birds and butterflies...possibly angels!

Have you noticed the birds flying north? Yesterday we saw many flocks headed north. Does that mean that spring will be early this year? I haven't seen many buds yet, nor early spring flowers like snowdrops. How about where you live?

About the last school shooting...I really think that the young folks are leading the charge on gun control. This seems different from any other reaction to a gun shooting. Maybe, hopefully, this is the beginning of the end to the NRA's hold on all our elected officials.

Well, that's it for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you later...