Friday, June 29, 2018

AC WORKS! & ANOTHER BEACH SCENE


The heat began today...Sunday is supposed to be the hottest. The good thing is that my ac kicked in when I started it and it is keeping the apartment fairly comfortable. Unfortunately, I think the heat and humidity are doing their number on me. Like I said before, I feel like an exhausted, wet noodle!

I did begin another beach scene. This time I did not use raw edges. I decided to add some embellishments and wound up covering every seam! I have it ready to quilt - by hand, if you can believe it. With gold thread. 

I think I will add some tiny sea shells once I have finished quilting. I have a craft hand drill that I can use to drill a tiny hole in the shells so I can attach them. Here's what it looks like so far...

Very different from the other beach scene I created even though I used the same fabric.

Fishing tomorrow early, and probably home early to escape the heat. If you are in the heatwave, stay cool and relax. It's no time to run a marathon.  Maybe sit back and watch some tv, read a book or do some hand work.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you on Monday...