Monday, July 9, 2018

LIFE CONTINUES...


Well, I didn't plan on being away from my blog for a week, but between the holiday on the fourth, the extreme high temperatures, looking at houses and, of course, fishing, blogging time just didn't happen.

And right now, I have decided that growing old is really not for the faint of heart. I am not sure what I did, but my left shoulder, arm and neck are in a lot of pain...A LOT OF PAIN. If it doesn't subside in a couple days, a trip to the doctor is required. I am trying to not use the afflicted area which is difficult. The good thing about typing is that I don't have to move my shoulder, etc.

I did read a cosy mystery this weekend and enjoyed it very much. Easy summer reading. The title is 'Behind Chocolate Bars: A Chocolate Covered Mystery' by Kathy Aarons. It took quite a while for me to figure out who the bad guy was...the book kept me guessing.

I have been working on my beach scenes. I did manage to drill some holes in the extra small shells and have a couple sewn on the scene. I wound up using my craft hand drill (Fiskars) rather than an electric craft drill.

I had a lot of trouble with casting last weekend even with the closed reel. (By the way,  I would say that casting may be the problem, but I cast with my right hand.)  I spent time finding out what the problem may be and I think the line is one problem. I have a braided line on rather than a mono line on. I think the braided line causes more nests than the mono line does on this particular reel.

One of my friends, Hank Beebe, who has composed and written musicals for Broadway wrote a song about today's America. It really does depict my feelings about this administration but it also does give a hopeful solution. You can check it out here...https://youtu.be/dVg6fzNa2ic.

The lakes in Harriman Park are full of water lilies right now...


And lots more folks are visiting. We get to our favorite lakes early (6am) in order to get a parking space. Not only do folks fish from this parking lot, but there are a couple trail heads here also. So parking can be a premium!

Well, that's it for today...
Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling better and able to get out...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...