Monday, August 13, 2018

HOUSE HUNTING 101, PACKING AND A NEW FALL SCENE...


Monday, almost the middle of August...can you believe that summer is almost over?  Some kids are already back in school and many will begin next week. NYC public schools wait until after Labor Day.

So, the house with the water problem that was supposed to be fixed has another problem. I am guessing that it's mold. I looked at four more houses and for one reason or another rejected them. The fifth house I looked at Friday is promising. It's old and large and on a great lawn (which I am not responsible for!!!) The property management approved me, now awaiting the owner. I really love this house, but then I loved the house with the water problem.  Here's hoping...

I have been packing. On Friday I did drop off the nine boxes to Goodwill and now I have  nine more packed. These are all for me.  One to one, remember?  All my knick knacks are packed though.  Next I am going to work on my studio.  That should be fun...

I have spent some time on creative projects.  I cut out a fall scene, raw edge...

I decided to hand stitch the edges using a blanket stitch...

Here's a close-up...

I know I want to add more but am not sure exactly what.  I was thinking of free style embroidery using thread.  I think I will make a copy of the scene and draw in some features to see how it looks.

Oh, and I am catching up on my daily challenges...


Well, back to packing...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...
Fingers crossed for a positive answer about the latest rental house...