Wednesday, April 10, 2019

LITTLE SEASHORE LANDSCAPE DONE


I did get out and run some errands today...read that grocery store and gas.  It was sunny and somewhat warm.  I was watching the weather forecast and really feel sorry for the folks in the midwest who are experiencing a major snowstorm.  It's not supposed to reach the east coast.  All I can say is that I hope it doesn't...

I finished my little seashore landscape.  It's raw edge and completely hand sewn.  I like the sailboat and the seashells.  As I said, the embroidered shell just did not look good so I fussy cut three out of some leaf fabric I had around here.  I sewed them on with a light thread and after looking, I decided they needed a bit more definition.  So using a running stitch, I outlined them in a darker thread.

The red border and backing came from the fabric I picked up at that cute little quilt store in Cornwall on the Hudson. 


Here are a couple more ATC drawings...


Tomorrow is tax day.  Not really looking forward to doing it but it does have to be done.

Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...