Monday, May 6, 2019

WEEKEND SURPRISES

Saturday began rather cool and dark but as the day progressed, it got quite warm and a bit sunnier however, still mostly cloudy. I took the above picture last Saturday at Cold Springs, New York.  Cold Springs is a cute little town on the Hudson River, east side.  I was there to visit a gallery which hosted a fellow Textile Study Group member.  Lots of folks were out and about walking down the main street stopping in here and there at the little shops and eateries.  

As we were barbequing on Saturday, we had a visitor.  It was quite large and would make for a nice Thanksgiving meal.  But to be perfectly honest, I have taken feathers off foul including burning the big ones and that does not interest me at all!  I would prefer mine already dressed but from a local farmer who raises them humanly.


So, I did hit a couple garage sales looking for some yard equipment and shop equipment.  Didn't find either.  But Sunday morning, I found this sitting on the table.  What a wonderful surprise from of my boys.

Today began sunny and warm but has turned into cloudy and cool.  The landlord did manage to get the lawn mowed today so the grass is not knee high anymore.  

My plans for today were completely different from what I actually did!  But the house is relatively clean, the litter has been changed and my laundry is done.  I also got the rest of my daily routine accomplished.

Tomorrow, I hope to get out and run a few errands and decide what to do about the Southwest Landscape.  It's still hanging around and I haven't made up my mind whether to go with this edition or try something new.  Maybe I will stop in at the quilt store and ask what folks think.

I managed to make a few more ATC's.  These little creations really do get my creative juices going in the morning.  Or whenever I am feeling stalled!!
 
Not much happening right now. Hope you had a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow