Monday, September 30, 2019

WHERE'S THE FALL COLOR...


Nope, this is not from this year.  As a matter of fact, I don't think we are going to see beautiful color this year.  Leaves around here are turning brown and dropping.  When we went north this weekend, there was no color...still green.  And the day turned hot...think mid eighties.

We did go pumpkin picking...

We also picked some blackberries...but to be honest, it was way to hot to pick apples.  On the way up  on I87, lots of trees were dead or dying.  Sad.  We came back on a smaller road and saw less dying trees but still no color...completely green.  And we have had some really hot days.  Contrast that with the four feet of snow that Montana got last night!

So yesterday I worked on a guild challenge in honor of women's fight to get the vote.  I decided to focus on H.R.C. - Hillary.  First I made a silhouette of Hillary...

I then added a hammer...

The theme is Hillary breaks the gender ceiling, or something to that effect.  I can't seem to get the coloring right in the photos.  It's a far softer pink than the pictures shows.  I will try to take a picture in sunlight tomorrow.  I still have to cut out the letters.

After tearing up my studio looking some information, I realized that I need a place to put important papers.  So, I decided to make myself a bulletin board out of cardboard.  I found some cardboard squares which I used a focus workshop.  They were edged with silver duct tape.  I taped four of them together on the back.

I added some fabric with adhesive on the back ironing it to the cardboard.  To finish the edges, I added some scrapbook decorative tape.  This is what it looks like close-up and then on the wall...


Now I have a place to put important, time sensitive papers...thank goodness.

That's all for today...
Hope you had a great weekend...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...