Friday, May 8, 2020

STAY AT HOME EFFECTS...

Reaching for the sun!  Unfortunately, the sun is clouded over and freezing temperatures along with snow...let me repeat that...FREEZING TEMPERATURES along with SNOW are forecast for our area.  Two chances of snow...TWO!!!!!!

Last time I looked it was May.  Right?  Well, I can't do anything about the weather other than grin and bear it.  So I will grin and bear it!

How are you doing with this CORVID19 Stay At Home situation?  I am finding that it's getting harder to concentrate...one blogger whom I follow said it right...fuzzy!  And I am finding myself zoning out more and more...watching tv without any comprehension!  Or an inordinate amount of time spent daydreaming...daydreaming of more productive days.  What can I say?  Maybe wishful thinking?

Don't get me wrong, I am busy...busy especially trying to figure out how to avoid a complete shutdown of the guild.  So I write weekly newsletters which everyone seems to enjoy.  And I am busy organizing online meetings.  But even there, I find that I am taking much longer than normal making decisions, getting the wording right, making arrangements, etc.

And I can't really pinpoint why I am having these problems.  I am talking with others via Skype, ZOOM meetings, lots of emails both writing and reading, and even writing longhand on notecards that I forgot I even had.  And I do have two other adults to interact with (my two adult sons) but still, I find that it takes longer and longer to do even the simplest of chores.

I was listening to a doctor talking about the COVID19 vaccine situation.  He also talked about the protocol for medication to fight the virus.  But what he said was going to be the third major medical situation that we were going to have to deal with when this is over is our mental health.

And he was not only talking about the medical personnel who were going to face  PSDT but also all the folks who stayed home, many in total isolation.  We are a people who like to get together, who value touch, who need a variety of presence of others.  Think about it.  Going out for coffee.  Coffee fellowship at meetings, sporting events, concerts, theatre and on and on and on. 

We are experiencing something completely new and foreign to whom and what we are.  And that doesn't even take into account all the folks that are extremely worried about their financial situation.

I guess the best thing we can do is to be kind to ourselves and treat ourselves and our loved ones with love and assurance and respect.  And give ourselves the time we need to do what we need to do.  It's going to be a long time recovering, so have patience and just take one day at a time...

That's all for now...
Talk to you on Monday...
Until then be safe and stay well...