Monday, March 1, 2021

Reading and Quilting, Stained Glass Fabric Project Almost Done...

This past weekend was uneventful and relaxing.  The rain and sun and high temperatures have really reduced the snow.  There are just a few spots on the top of Duchess and the yard has many bare spots...even where it was not shoveled.

I read a couple of cosy mysteries including The Cosy Village Murder Mysteries by Margaret Mayhew. 'Dry Bones' was the title of one of the books.  The main character is a retired, widowed Colonel with a new interest in gardening and a flea-bitten old cat called Thursday.  The stories are thoughtful and quite interesting.

I also spent time on the stained glass fabric project.  I am now at the point of adding the binding.  These pictures show a closeup to the meandering quilting done around the edges, the piece from the side so you can see how the individual pieces stick out due to the high loft batting, and the machine work on the edges of each individual piece...



All that's left is the binding which I hope to get to today.

I managed my walking exercise and will get to the strength exercise in about an hour.  Trying to do two different ones each day.  I noticed that walking up and down the steps is much easier when I keep the exercises on a regular basis.

That's all for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...