Thursday, August 26, 2021

Fall Decorations Making an Entrance...

So, today I managed to take down all the summer decorations and pack them away.  I have two boxes of fall decorations, already retrieved from the closet upstairs, which I will be unpacking and putting up.  Those and of course all the fall leaves with a sprinkling of fall flowers will make it feel like fall in the common area even though it is in the 90's outside.  

One more day of hot weather and then it cools down, unfortunately with showers and thunderstorms...as if we needed more rain!  Things were just getting dried out...including my bedroom!

Hopefully my truck will go the garage today and I will find out by tomorrow afternoon how much my bottom line is going to suffer...not looking forward to that at all.

So it looks more and more likely that when the guild meets in person (tentatively January 2022) we will not only have to wear masks but also be vaccinated which is fine by me.  We thought we would only have to wear masks but the city is mandating more and more indoor meeting attendees will need to be vaccinated.  I think it will make members feel more comfortable to attend.

I ran for president of the guild again, basically because we could not get anyone else to do it!  But because the guild year, September 2021 - June 2022, is completely planned out, I will not have to spend as much time working on guild things.  This will give me time to spend getting the Etsy Shop open and to writing the how-to book.  I have already completed a detailed outline for it and I plan to sell it on the Amazon platform in electronic format.

Well, it's back to cleaning/decorating...

Talk with you tomorrow...