Thursday, August 11, 2022

August 11: Summer Enjoyment


Can you believe that August is almost halfway gone and some schools have already begun and the first of the preseason regular games is tonight?  

Weather is a bit humid today but tomorrow the high is 80 and dry.  I hope to spend a couple hours packing up the garage workshop.

The fact that August is almost done has triggered my brain to get into action about the fall lineup for my blog.  I don't have any solid plans yet, but I am working on them.  It isn't that I can't think of anything, it's that I am having a hard time narrowing down what to include.  Do you ever have that problem?  

I sometimes think that we have way too options to choose from.  Take tv...there are hundreds and hundreds of stations and yet folks after browsing can't find anything that interests them!  Ditto for the internet!  And how many choices at the grocery store...or clothing store...or whatever store cloud your brain.  Heck, even the pet store is has a ton of options.

Still no movement on the house but bank and realtor are optimistic about getting everything ironed out sooner rather than later!  Fingers crossed!

Thursday's focus is miscellaneous and I was thinking that as it is late summer, maybe it's time to take a look at my fall things.  I don't really have a different wardrobe for each season, but my fall and winter items are heavier than my spring and summer ones.

So sometime this week, why not check through your fall/winter clothes to see if any needs cleaning or mending.  How do they fit?  How do you feel when you wear them?  Are there any items that need replacing?

Now is the time to look for any needed items of clothing.  Depending on what I need (not including shoes or underwear or socks) I usually begin with Goodwill.  As I said, Goodwill stores in the northeast are really good and clean.  

I like long sleeve cotton shirts to wear over teeshirts.  The choice in the women's section is generally poor, but the choice in the men's section is great and I don't mind that the buttons button up on the wrong side!  Finding non-stretch jeans is hard to find in most stores, but I can generally find some in the local Goodwill.  

You never know what you will find at a Goodwill Store.  My best purchase was a brand new cashmere suit jacket...off white and pristine.  The pockets were still sewed together!  If you've never been to a store, check one out...oh, and they do have brand new things but most are gently used.

That's all for now...

Talk with you tomorrow...