Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Good Morning!  Hope the day started out well for you.  I got up at the normal 5am this morning, fixed my coffee, enjoyed half a bagel and listened to 'Way Too Early' followed by 'Morning Joe".

Exercise today is walking.  I want to see if changing things up a bit will work.  Remember my slowness?  Well a good part of that was due to statins...some folks do not do well on statins (and apparently I am one) and one of the classic side effects has to do with walking!  Looks like a change in medication for me is in the future!

I finished cleaning the house and patio area yesterday...a heavy work day with vacuuming rugs (with an ancient, very heavy vacuum), mopping floors, dusting furniture, etc.  Plus some grocery shopping.  So today is a lighter day as far as heavy cleaning but I hope to start the fall decorating and make an oven meal of roasted vegetables and meatloaf!

Did you remember to gather up some twigs?  If not, you can always do that later for today's craft.  You need a piece of wood for the background, short of that some cardboard, the twigs, paint or fabric, a bit of trim (optional), tacky glue or a glue gun (I used tacky glue.) and something to clip the twigs.

If you have wood for the background, you can paint it or cover it with fabric.  I didn't have any on hand so I cut out four thicknesses of cardboard...

Glued them together and used brown packing tape to cover the edges...

and ended up with this...


You can paint it at this stage, leave it as is or cover it with fabric which is what I choose to do.  I even added some trim...

Next, using scrap paper, I cut out a pumpkin shape, placed it on the fabric covered cardboard and very lightly, using a pencil, drew around the stencil.

Before using the twigs, cut off any stems or parts that are not useful so you have a bunch of twigs like this...


Now it's time to use the twigs to create the pumpkin.  First place the twigs approximately where you want them, a sort of dry run...

You can use tacky glue or a glue gun to adhere the twigs to the background.  This is the time to fine tune the picture of the pumpkin, clipping off any unused parts of the twigs until you come up with a picture of a pumpkin like this...

You can either hang the pumpkin picture or use a picture stand to place it on a piece of furniture.  It's cute, light weight (especially if you use cardboard) and really inexpensive.

This is not a new idea, you can google twig pumpkins and come up with dozens of examples.  I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.

That's it for today...have an amazing one...and thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...