Tuesday, September 1, 2026

I thought yesterday morning was dark...well, today is even darker.  It did rain most of the night and today it is raining off and on...very humid and a bit warm.  Looks like this is the way it's going to be all day long!

So, today is the first day of the month of September.  Since Labor Day is late this year, many children have an extra week of summer vacation.  If that's the case in your household, enjoy that extra week (even if you're more than ready for them to go back to school).  I remember days when I couldn't wait for them to go to school and now I wish I cherished those days a bit more.  

Time really does slip by.  I know, you've all heard it all before, but until you actually experience those fleeting moments that turn into memories you don't really understand.  Take a few minutes to think about your life and how fast time is relentlessly slipping by...what happened a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, five years ago...do you get it now?

There's a new word for the month posted...HARVEST.  Think of it as  bringing things together, of gathering them into that special place called home both physically and mentally.  For me, as I have said before, it's a time of gathering close those warm, fond memories as well as a time to make new memories.  

There's a new challenge for the month.  This one is an easy way to start a new habit.  As I said yesterday, I failed August's challenge (but I did take two short walks yesterday!).  So for me, my habit will be to get back to taking a short walk each day.  What new habit would you like to try for the month?  Drinking more fluids?  Learn a new word?  Get more sleep?  Find time for yourself each day?  Whatever it is, write it down somewhere where you can see it daily and practice doing it.

I'm working on my third pumpkin using the half double crochet stitch and I can see how my practice is paying off...

I like the fact that crocheting is an easy project to pick up and move to a new area.  

There are still more pages to share in my latest journal but I thought I would share how the cover turned out with the signatures in...


You can see that I added some beads to the string I used to stitch the signatures into the book.  

One of the pages in this journal is really unique...

You can see that there are seven different layers of paper.  Each page unfolds upwards...

And then unfolds to the left to reveal writing space...

There are seven pages each larger than the previous page and each unfolds the same way so that's a whole lot of writing space.

I've been looking for some unique fall crafts to share during the month and I was lucky to find several that are all extremely inexpensive.  I don't know about you but after spending on the necessities of life there's very little left.  And what's left needs to be saved for emergencies and holiday gifts, especially for the little ones!  

Remember the phrase 'Necessity is the mother of invention'?  Well, many of us are in that economic situation so I hope that my tiny contribution to making do with what's on hand will encourage you to doing the same and enjoying your creativity.

That's all for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...