Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Journal Pages...Getting Better

How was your Tuesday?   It seemed like all I did was run around getting more errands done.   The nice thing is that the weather was very springlike...bright blue sky with white fluffy clouds and lots of sun.   I even heard some birds singing a beautiful song.   Who knew...in the mountains!!!

Let me tell you, I saw some beautiful journal pages in some of the blogs I follow.   I wish my pages turned as well...but I keep trying.

Here is the selection of backgrounds that I worked with...

For the first progression, I used the second sheet from the left which is card stock with a base of thick acrylic paint to which I added the seed packs, then over painted with yellow-green acrylic paint and finally adding cutouts and decorating with markers...

For the second progression, I used the back of the black sheet which is the fourth from the left.   It was painted with thick beige acrylic paint.  To that I added a cloth heart, and some blue-white acrylic paint.  I used more acrylic paint to deepen the colors.   Finally, I decorated with markers.  I think this page needs more but I haven't decided what yet.

The third progression begins with the first sheet on the left from above to which I added the ribbon and squares that spell grow.   I painted with yellow acrylic paint and then added cutouts and markers.

I like the borders that I created with markers.   They seem to finish the piece.   As I said, this is a work in progress.   

One of the sketch blogs that I follow had a neat technique which I tried a bit... 
The idea was to use different drawing techniques.   So on the first technique, I used a thin black marker and drew with my eyes closed.   The second layer I drew a red flower with my right hand and eyes open.   The third layer I drew with my left hand in aqua.   To that I added a blue border.  

It was a unique sketching experience.   Why don't you try drawing in a way that you are not used to or even comfortable with...you may be surprised at what happens...and then again, maybe not.   But it was fun.

Thanks for visiting...have a great day tomorrow.

My Journey of Change...
Just a quick note.   The journal above is part of 'My Journey of Change' journal and one thing seems to be standing out which surprised me.   I am looking forward in these pages to growing and changing rather than grieving although the blue one does encompass some grief..."Love lost hurts so much that one wonders if it is worth it, but in the end, it always is.'...are the words around the heart.  But the top is...'Blue is the color of my day.   Bright, Sunny and cheerful!!...interesting.