Monday, March 14, 2011

Errands and Apples

Hi there...

How was your weekend?   Mine was busy...lots of errands to run which took up most of Saturday.   Of course, mixed in with the errands was a side trip to Apple to see the newest iPad.  It really is fast.   But I was more interested in the latest version of the 13 inch MacBook Pro.   Now that was nice!   Can you tell I'm an Apple addict?

I also stopped into a bookstore just to check things out.   And guess what...I didn't buy anything at either store.   Just enjoyed looking.

I have made a concerted effort to get back to sketching and doodling several times a week.   Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.   But when it does I could spend hours, especially doodling, drawing not so much.   Here are my latest three...

May your week find fabulous experiences for you to enjoy.   Thanks for stopping by...
Remember, tomorrow is Journal Tuesday...

My Journey of Change...
I have been moved to tears watching the ordeal that Japan is going through.    My prayers go out to that country.   In the face of such tragedies, it makes my journey seem small in comparison.   But I imagine that each person deals with their grief alone as I have.   

I was reading the latest copy of Studios and one of the articles at the beginning was about an artist whose husband created a fantastic studio for her only to die from a heart attack when it was done.    She created a box calender that dealt with her grief.   I guess that is what my journal 'My Journey of Change' is all about.

My hope is that I will also see opportunities for a new life through this journal.   So, have any of you used journals to get through tough situations?   I'd love to hear about it, really, I would.   Many voices help share the grief.