Thursday, August 25, 2011

WOW!

Okay, I know I haven't been on for a couple of days but I have been busy.   First of all, the last drive was long, hard (lots of climbs) and VERY WINDY!!!   I was actually very tired when I got to this campsite and decided to stay a couple days...a lot longer now!

Now, picture this:   I was sitting in my trailer working on some artwork and all of a sudden it feels like someone is trying to tip the trailer over!!!   Nothing fell, but things on the walls rocked back and forth.   I went to check on the kitties whose eyes were like saucers.   Then I went outside to see what was going on.   No one there...checked the news...an earthquake...AN EARTHQUAKE???   Here on the east coast?   (By the way, I'm in Maryland.)  Yes, an earthquake.

So, that was an interesting experience but only a prelude to the next one...Hurricane Irene!!!   That one has screwed up my trip so much that I am going to backtrack to Minnesota, attend the Creative Connections Event and then head back east.   Ahhhhh...so much fun.

Here are some pictures from this campsite.   We're on a 'creek' (I would call it a river but...)

The water really is quite green.   I managed to photograph two butterflies.   Both are in the center of the photo...

I have also managed to do a little creative activities...my inchie swap.   I decided to make a little booklet with four pages of pictures of Chip & Dale.   This is the first time I have made a book and there are mistakes, but I think it turned out okay...

And speaking of Chip and Dale. they seem to be adapting to trailer living.   This is their favorite afternoon nap area...

Thanks for stopping by....