Wednesday, December 16, 2015

STRESS RELIEF AND CANDY CANES

A little late this evening.   I just got back from a party held here at the apartment complex.   Lots of fun.   Got to meet some very nice folk.   And what was interesting is how long almost all of them had been living in the complex, many of them in different apartments.   Guess things are different in Brooklyn.

What was nice was the laughter and the joy that was shared.   And, the stories...or my goodness, the stories.   I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It is good to get together.   So, if you are invited to a party...say yes.   Maybe it will be a dud...but, with luck, you could have the time of your life.   And laughter is the best antidote to stress.  And let's face it, stress is a common accompaniment to this time of year.

I did manage to get all my packages mailed today,   I was going to wait until tomorrow (car moving day), but it was so beautiful out (mid fifties) that I just walked them to the closest place.   And then I picked up some things like candy canes.

I went to two different stores and between them there was only one...ONE...box of regular candy canes.   Oh, there were plenty of other types of candy canes but raspberry, blueberry...no, I want the peppermint red and white candy canes.  

So I picked up the last box of large ones.   Why?   Because when I want something sweet, I realized that a candy cane, or a round peppermint star hits the spot more than anything else.   And when I make a cup of cocoa, I love to put a small candy cane in the hot cocoa to give it a minty taste.

Well, it's late and I have to be up early to move my car...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...