Tuesday, December 22, 2015

WARM WEATHER AND RAIN FOR THIS WINTER SOLSTICE

Okay, I give up...it may be December but the weather says spring.   My oldest son who works in the Bronx texted me a picture of the trees outside his building.   They are blooming...not just budding but actually blooming!

Three out of my four children will be celebrating Christmas Eve with temperatures in the mid 70's and rain showers!!!  The other child will be celebrating with temperatures in the high teens with snow showers!!!

This weather really is unique to say the least!   So what's it like where you live?   Warm and rainy or cold and snowy?  Hope it's what you want.

Now that the Winter Solstice has arrived, the days will begin to get longer...thank goodness.   Getting dark this early is getting a bit old.  I don't know about you, but I'm waiting for the other weather 'show' to drop.   I just wish I knew what it was going to be.

So, I felt a little worse this morning but that may have been because I got no sleep last night...none. I'm hoping it's because I have been using the non-drowsy cold meds.   I did go out to the drug store today and picked up some night-time cold meds plus more tissues.

And I was lucky enough to grab a Friday Alternate Side of the Week Parking Spot when I got back home. Even backed in! Why was that lucky, you ask?   Well, there will be no street cleaning on Christmas nor New Years, so I will not have to move the car until the 8th of January!!!

Courtney Carver at the Be More With Less Blog has a great article on letting go of 'stuff'.  The article is: 3 Essential Steps for Letting Go with More Ease.   Makes a lot of sense to me.   And even though I have greatly downsized I want to let go of more.

I don't want to be a total minimalist with little or nothing gracing my home.   But, I would rather enjoy the few beautiful, meaningful pieces that I love than fill up the space with less important objects.  When I move again, not for a few years, I want to fit it all in the smallest box truck U-Haul has.

If things go as I want, I am even considering moving to a studio apartment next year if they have one available.  You have to remember, I used to live and travel in a small 18 1/2 foot travel trailer so I am used to and enjoy 'small'.  

Do you drink smoothies?   I really don't, but I have decided to try the Simply Green Smoothie 30 day challenge over at Simply Green Smoothie.   I've always wanted to do smoothies and I figured this would be a great way to introduce myself to the process.   And they supply lots of recipes.   I've also noticed that several bloggers that I follow are also doing the challenge.  

So what are you up to today?   Still stressing out over holiday plans or are you all set?  Maybe it's time to let go of some traditions.   I am this year...not by choice...but because I can't find my lutefisk. Don't even ask...it's a very smelly fish dish...but I do love it.   When the Nordic Deli closed, I couldn't find any local place that sells it.   So, this year I am making a pork roast and a capon roast for Christmas.   I even found a local butcher shop to get top quality products.  

Have you made your Holiday Dinner Plans, yet?   My advice...keep it simple so you can enjoy yourself.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow (again, between Bowl Games - you know me and football!)...