Wednesday, January 10, 2018

FEBRUARY WORKSHOP SAMPLE DONE & AN IDEA FOR MY CARRYALL


Let me tell you, this wild weather has, as my grandma used to say, 'my bones a' aching'. Rain for the next three days are forecast and every joint in my body affirms that message. Did you see that it snowed in the Sahara Desert yesterday? No global warming??? Yeah right!!!

So, I finished February's workshop sample.  Remember, yesterday I showed you the piece with the beginnings of the embroidered tree? Well, this is what it looks like with the tree done...

I wanted a bit more on the lower right side. First I auditioned a rabbit. Too small. Then I tried a deer but I didn't really like it. So I decided on a snowman...


What I really discovered is how much I enjoyed embroidery work. I remember long ago I did a lot of it but for some reason, laid it aside. I am very happy I picked it up again. I have always wanted to add some highlights to my fabric collages. Now I know just what to do...well at least how to begin!!!

So, how many of you are like me and lug around a large purse to make sure all situations are covered.

I usually have camera attachments (for my phone), journal and writing/drawing supplies, snack, make-up, billfold, charging device for phone and on and on and on. Oh, and some small creative work with fabric. See what I mean...everything but the proverbial kitchen sink although if I look hard enough...

Well, I have seen things advertised that you can put in the purse with lots of pockets (so we don't have to empty everything out to reach that item at the very bottom). They seemed a bit pricey for me so I thought I would try to make one. But what to use to keep it stiff?

Ah..ha! The answer came in the mail...literally!!!

And it's even large enough to have some breathing room to make adjustments...

I have to pick out the fabric, decide on the size of the  pockets...four sides of pockets!!! I think that's what I will be doing tomorrow.

Hope you all are keeping warm and dry...
I thank you for spending a few minutes with me...
Looking forward to our visit tomorrow...
And to Sen. Dianne Feinstein...way to go...