Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More Work Space!!!!


PICTURE OF THE DAY:
I love embedded glass pieces.   Ones that have pictures etched or ones like this paperweight which I have had forever it seems.   My photo did not do it justice.   But I am still working on taking and editing pictures.

ADDITIONAL WORKSPACE:
Remember the lack of desk space that I was talking about and the picture of where I wanted to put more space?

 
Well, here it is.   I found a large tv tray on sale for $15 (fifteen seems to be the operative amount!) and it seemed just the right size.   It had three adjustable settings, so if it didn't work, it would be nice to have anyway.   The good news is that it fits rather nicely.   I took off the legs which were held on with screws, so it can be used again in its original function.  

It sits on the edge of the computer desk and the worktable.   It does slant just a bit, but I decided to use it this way rather than build up the worktable side.  And rather than screwing it down to anything, I used gorilla tape to hold it in place.   So it is stable, but not permanent. And it will be easy to dismantle when we move again.  Best of all, it gives me another place to work.   So now I will be switching out resources so I have my most used fabric resources in one area and my similar paper resources in another.



 
 
  
MIXED MEDIA JOURNAL:
The prompt called for creating a page of armor for protection.   I choose to think of it as mental armor and not physical so I created a place where music, love and thought protect using books, art, magazines and writing as my armor.   It is a beginning, but I have more to work on.   I am finding this is not only a lot of fun, but it is also an 'outside of the box' experience for me. 



That's all for now.   Thanks for stopping by...