Monday, March 8, 2010

The Village in Full Color

 
PICTURE OF THE DAY:
This angel is one of my favorite spring/summer decorations.   It is actually made of tin and has a little door in the back so I can place a tea light in it if desired.   I just love it because it is so whimsical and because it makes me smile.

HERE'S THE EASTER VILLAGE:
As promised, I took pictures of my Easter Village.  All these houses come with lights, but sometimes trying to hide all the cords is more trouble than it is worth to me, so I just enjoy the village sans lights.   

This yellow house is so cute, you can imagine a family looking for eggs...

I wish I could grow roses like the lady in this house...

The tree in front of this church is full of eggs.   Wonder how the kids would collect them?
 

I did not go to an 'Easter Egg Party' in a park when I was growing up, but it is a great idea for families living in apartments...   

With the wonderful weather we have been having, I really want to visit a flower store myself and pick up some flowers and plants.   This one is really cute!
 

And what would a village do without a school, lambs and all...

And this one is for my husband who just loves these (Truth be told, so do I)!

Yes, I mix and match my village pieces.   I prefer to pop some color into a pastel scene and add a bit of whimsy myself.

I have several more decorations which I will photograph for later posts, but these are my favorite bunny sets...
 
  

I had opened up the window last night because it was so beautiful out and when I woke up this morning, I heard the lovely sound of song birds.   The sun was bright, there was a gentle breeze and I thought there had to be some type of mistake...that I must be dreaming!   I know I keep saying it but this is still winter and I live in Maine!   Well, I wasn't dreaming...the sun was shining, the birds were singing and so I just soaked it all in.   I figure we're still in for a major winter storm sometime before spring so I might as well enjoy it while I can...

Well, I have started the backdrop for the musical which I plan to finish this week.  First thing I do is take out all the hems on the sheets.   I know I could open the hems, steam them flat and gain a couple inches, but really, it is a lot easier to just tear the seams off.  

So tonight I will finish taking out all the hems and stitching the sky together.   I have three blues and a white for the sky, so it should be fairly easy to do.  I'll take some pictures of my progress as I work on the backdrop.

Remember, I will get back to the other crafts which are on hold until the backdrop is done.   Well, I might play with some ATC's if I get tired of working on the backdrop.   I found a couple neat sites for ATC exchanges.   I'll post those when I work on the ATCs. 

We had a great weekend, with only one glitch.   It was so beautiful Sunday that we decided to drive up to our favorite restaurant for a seafood dinner.   SURPRISE!   It was closed until the middle of the month.   We didn't know that it even closed.   So, we stopped in Freeport at a Chinese Restaurant that has a small but absolutely fantastic buffet.   All was not lost...

Hope your weekend was great and this week brings nothing but good things...

Thanks for visiting....