Thursday, April 15, 2010

Store Number Three

PICTURE OF THE DAY:
Before I tell you about the picture of the day, I want to let you know that I did get the taxes finished and even mailed them about 4pm today.   

But it was so beautiful, that we decided to go for a ride to Freeport.   Well, of course, there is another quilt store in Freeport...Cotton Weeds Quilt Store.   And this picture was taken inside the store (with permission).   Again a very nice place with very helpful folks.

One thing I have noticed is that each quilt store seems to have it's own palette of colors and types of fabric.   Very interesting.    But once again, I blew it...

First, I saw this charm set of Moda fabric titled Boutique and couldn't help myself....but....

 
then I found this Moda set - Collection For a Cause...someone help me...I certainly don't seem to be able to stop myself...

Twenty-Five pieces of felted wool for only $6.25...I mean, it's 25 pieces!!!

And then there was this set of six fat eighths and I know I absolutely didn't have these fabrics in my stash....

Can you see my problem?  Put me in a fabric store and I am completely at the mercy of the lush fabrics!!!  Oh well.   Perhaps I should really stop visiting quilt stores...NOT!   I already have the next day trip planned around three shops.   With the upcoming weather, though, I don't think we will be able to make that trip until next week.

We finished the day walking around Freeport...you know LLBean, outlet shops, boutiques.   We stopped into several, had an ice cream cone from Ben and Jerry's; and although there were lots of beautiful things,

I only bought these three things of tea (which I sincerely love and which I was completely out of...)!!!

Well, that was my day today and considering how long I was up finishing the taxes, I am not sure how I managed to do it all....

How about you...did you get your taxes done and mailed?   Or do you get your taxes done early and laugh at the rest of us who procrastinate...

Thanks for visiting...