Friday, April 16, 2010

No Stores Today - Bread Baking Instead

PICTURE OF THE DAY:
This is one of the teas I purchased yesterday at LLBean.   It's called cranberry/orange and it is really good.   Almost as good as the market spice loose tea I used to get from a coop in Minnesota years ago.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to find that exact market spice tea today.  I have tasted tea that is close, but not quite the same.  

No stores today.   The weather was cold, wet and cloudy so we stayed at home today.   I did do some baking...a couple loaves of banana-nut-raisin-date bread...and they turned out fantastic.

I chopped the nuts in this old wooden bowl.   My nut chopper is actually over 35 years old and it is as sharp as the first day my brother gave it to me...

I added the nuts to the bananas, raisins and dates...

This is the bread before I put it in the oven...

And this is what it looked like when I took it out of the oven.  And after cooling - and that was hard to do, believe me - I tasted it and it was awesome.   Quite frankly, it was one of the best quick breads I have ever baked.

One other item I tackled is taking pictures for my blog.   I want to update it including a new picture.   Below are three of the pictures I've taken.   I first took them on a white background and the baskets just looked washed out, so I tried a maroon background.   What do you think...

I'm just not quite sure.   I wanted to fill the baskets this time to represent the some of the different crafts that I enjoy.

Well, the rest of the weekend looks like today except colder and possibly some snow!!!  I think I will continue to work on redoing my blog.   I am staying with Blogger so you can still find me right here.  

Have a great weekend...

Thanks for stopping by....