Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Car Hunting I Will Go...

PICTURE OF THE DAY:
I'm still working through my photos from the mountains.  Looking at these pictures and contrasting them with what I see outside my studio window...it's a completely different world.   Here it is green, lush and colorful.   There is it brown and spartan.   Even in the summer, it is different and less than colorful.   Still beautiful and remarkable, but different.   

A CAR HUNTING I WILL GO, A CAR HUNTING I WILL GO, A CAR HUNTING I WENT!
Remember, from the last post that I needed to go car hunting.   Well, I went, I saw, I bought!!!   It was a long, long day, especially considering that I was only going to look.   The SUVs I had originally picked out to look at were way to small for us, especially with the ever increasing trips to NYC.

One of the SUVs whose information I happened to print out by mistake from the internet was a larger one and when we realized that the smaller ones would not do, the salesperson got the key for that larger one.   Well, it seemed to be the right size.   So we took it for a test drive...make that I took it for a test drive.   

It's been a while since I have driven a taller vehicle.   Our last one was an old Voyager when it was large van built on a truck chassis and this one was double extended.   We had two bucket seats in front, two front facing benches and in the back two benches with a table in between which could be made into a queen size bed!!!!  But this was decades ago, literally!!!

Well, it was an easy test drive.   Being high up was a little disconcerting at first, but that went away.   It's actually not any wider nor longer than my old Buick, but the height took a while for me to adjust my perspective.

This medium SUV was perfect and everything just fell into place and we wound up coming home with the new to me 'pre-owned' (make that used) car!   But it was so late that and I was so tired that I couldn't even make myself check my e-mails much less write a post for my blog.

Tomorrow I plan on spending my entire day in the studio.   I need to catch up on everything left over from our trip and then work on organizing my studio.   I'm planning on posting pictures for 'Where Bloggers Create Party' in June.

I'll let you know how things are going...

Thanks for visiting...