Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday's Frugal Creation

PICTURE OF THE DAY:
This giant sea of dried grasses was really unique and stood out against all the green grasses which surrounded it.   The dried grass looked like fingers reaching up to the sky.  I don't think I really captured it as well as I would have liked.   Next time we go out to the island, I'll try a different view.

A quick post today...getting ready to leave tomorrow and as usual, there are not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done...

WEDNESDAY'S CREATION:
But, I do have a craft...a frugal craft...a basket made out of newsprint...basically flyers!
I wish you could see and feel this basket.   It is heavy, thick and very sturdy.   Once I finished it,  I realized that it would be something that I would use frequently.   So, I applied a protective coat of sealer both inside and outside.  This way I can wipe it off without destroying it.

I have also decided to line the inside with fabric.   When I've finished, I will post a picture.   Check out the Wednesday's Creation on the side column for instructions.

Thanks for visiting....