Friday, July 9, 2010

IT'S COOL!!!!

PICTURES OF THE DAY:
More pictures from flowers down south.   White is the theme for these three pictures.   Now, you are asking why is the last picture so 'fuzzy'?   Well, it is not fuzz, it's condensation!   Right, I took my camera out of the air conditioned house into the heat to take some pictures and this is what I saw.   Thought I would try a picture and here it is...

FRUGAL FRIDAY:
The expenses this week were meals and beverages eaten out on our quick trip to NYC totaling 19.56.   Not too bad.   Note:   We didn't spend much on our trip to the Gulf Coast, but I really didn't keep track.   I think that the only meals out that we ate were at JFK airport between flights.  

Well, the heat wave seems to have been broken here...we actually have the windows open!!!    Tomorrow afternoon through Sunday afternoon we are supposed to get a lot of rain.   After the hot weather, we need it.   My plants on the patio survived due to the generous act of a neighbor watering them while we were gone.   Believe it or not, my basil has almost doubled in size!   I think we can begin harvesting leaves already.

Tomorrow morning, we are going to local Farmer's Market.   We haven't been yet this year with everything that has gone on, so I am looking forward to seeing what's new.   I really love a lot of our local made cheeses and generally get them at the market.   I'll let you know what's good this year.

I hope all of you enjoy your weekend...

Thanks for visiting...