Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Celebration Time!!!!

Do you remember laying on your back and looking up at the trees?   I used to do that when I was a child and guess what...I'm having fun doing it now.    Take a look at the picture of the day...bring back any memories?   If not, then go out and make some right now.

Lay down in that cool grass and look up at the trees, watch the sun peek through.   And if there are any clouds, watch them change shape and imagine what they are...not just a fish...but a fish on a journey looking for the elephant that is running in front of it...or whatever story you can make up as you watch the clouds.

Don't worry if you think it's silly...it is...that's the point!!!   Let yourself be free to be all that you can be,  including silly.   We all need silly at some times in our lives.

Well, I finally mailed off my first set of 'inchies' to the host of the current 'Inchie' trade at Roses On My Table.  It was a lot of fun making all of them.    Remember, I showed you how in one of my earlier posts...here's a picture of one...I can't wait until I get the trades...I'll post them when I get them.

Okay, have you ever heard of Zentangles or Zendoodles?  I ran across this technique in one of the blogs that I follow and had to check it out.   There is an online store, a newsletter, tutorials, you tube videos.  My favorite You Tube selection is  Zendalas:  How To Draw A Mandala Zentangle Style by Milliande. 

I think that the doodling that I like to do fits into the definition except that I enjoy using color and so far most of the pictures I have seen are in black and white.   At any rate, look up the You Tube selection (above) and watch it...I found it fascinating.

Tuesday's Journal Prompt:  This one is easy...let your journal entry just explode with Celebration.   You don't even have to think about what you are celebrating...just celebrate.   Of course, if thinking about something makes it easier, go ahead.   But the whole object of the day is to Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate!!!   Oh, and have fun!!!!

Thanks for visiting...