Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Disgruntled Kitty and Zen...something...

On my way out to the patio to water some plants, I took a picture of Dale who was sound asleep.   He woke up because of the flash and he was not a happy kitty.   As a matter of fact, after I watered the plants and was back inside, I took another picture of Dale, but he would not even look at me this time!   Kitties!!



WEDNESDAY'S CREATION:
Remember yesterday when I wrote about Zentangles or Zendoodles.  After watching some You Tube videos and reading some articles, my understanding is that this is a way to relax.   Well, I'm not so sure about relaxing and doodling in the 'Zen' moment.   Of course, this is the first one I have tried and I stopped every few minutes to take a picture.

By the way, I think my camera battery is on the fritz because the pictures of the Zendoodling are not really sharp.   Sorry.   Guess a new battery is in order.   But I think you'll get the idea.  

I used regular copy paper, but I think a heavier paper would work better.   I also used permanent markers - fine and ultra fine.   Most illustrators began by placing four dots on the paper the size of the Zendoodle you want to make, connecting the dots (and the lines do not have to be straight), drawing a tangle of lines and then working on filling in the spaces.   I am going to just post the pictures without comment to show you how I progressed on my first Zendoodle.


All in all, it really was fun and I plan on doing more of them.   I will probably try different colors also.  Oh, to make the area where the lines intersect (background black) start with one line, then when you add each additional line make sure that none cross over any other line.   This technique gives depth.

I hope you will give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by...