Friday, August 6, 2010

Rooster Party......Oh, my....

ROOSTER PARTY 
Oh my.... 
Well, you have to realize that when I packed away my collection almost two years ago, I thought I had a nice collection of roosters.   However, upon unpacking - for the first time in two years - I realized that not only some chickens had crashed the party, but, oh my, there were some turkeys too!!!!!   

What to do...what to do?  So, rather than not post anything, I decided to go ahead and post the collection as is...sorry for all of you who were expecting only roosters!!

The other thing I realized is that I kept only about a quarter of my collection. (We were downsizing at the time.)  So what you see are either gifts from special friends or made by local artisans.  

So, here is the first group...all dressed up for a party....
The blue guy in the back was purchased at a small town in Texas.  


This little guy was made by a potter in Maine, up around Boothbay Harbor.

I absolutely fell in love with the colors on this one...

The flowers on this guy caught my eye...

And on to the second group, I think these characters have had a bit too much partying.   Some of them look a bit strange...
The white and blue (painted tin) guy in the back stood guard at a farmer's market stand...

This one, along with the one next to it in the group picture, can't even stand on their own!!  Way too much partying!!!

This sweet little one just stole my heart.   She comes complete with a little velvet drawstring bag, purple of course...

What possessed me to buy this one is beyond me, but really it grows on you...polka dots and all!!!

These little guys (and they are little) were carved by a local artist in Utah...

And on to the third group...they seem to be a bit more on the staid side of life...several of these were given to me as gifts from very special friends...
The blue pitcher guy has always hung out with the blue and white couple.   They just seemed to go together...

Now this guy was purchased in Maryland.   I love the colors on the metal.   The blue really glistens in the sunlight...

I'm not sure where I found these guys, but who could resist not adopting two more crazy looking birds.  Their facial expressions are precious...

And here is the final group...
They look a bit mixed up if you ask me... 

How about a different view...
Still looks like their all mugging the camera...

The tall guy in the back was made especially for me by a very, very special person whom I met and always admired...

And this guy looks..well...he's a bit scary if you ask me...but then, I'm no judge of character, or roosters either.   Hope you enjoyed my little collection.

Maybe in a couple years, I may have the real thing.    Hope I can tell the difference by that time!

Thanks for stopping by the party!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

And for my regular visitors...I've been a bit busy the past three days...
Here...
and here...
and here...
and here...

The pictures aren't too great because there was so much humidity in the air you could cut it, thus not exactly clear pictures.   But, yes, we enjoyed visiting with friends on the beaches in southern Maine.   Temperature hot...water cool...perfect combination!!!

Frugal Friday remains frugal...I spent no money this week.   That will come to an end next week though.   We will be in Manhattan most of the week, so there goes the budget!   I will try to post, but may not be able to until the end of the week.   

I promise to take more pictures in NYC.   They are always so unique.  Weather here this weekend is another gem.   Hope it is where you are also.   Summer is coming to an end so enjoy the last couple of weekends if you can.   

By the way, my 'Where Bloggers Create' studio pictures are still available.   Link on the sidebar.

Oh, and August's theme is 'Celebration' as in have some fun.   See you guys later.   Thanks for visiting...