Monday, August 2, 2010

Wow, It's August!!!

Hi there!  I hope your weekend was great.   The weather here was perfect.   And we are supposed to have a repeat next weekend.   In between, however, the weather is going to be a bit hotter and wetter.   

PICTURES OF THE DAY:
It was pretty nice outside today so I managed to kind of fix up the patio.   I really haven't touched it since I had to remove the tent other than to water the plants.   My plants are doing really well.   Most of the herbs are great.   My dill seems a little anemic, but other than that, the rest look great.  So here's the patio now.   I miss the tent...

Oh, we put up a different bird feeder and the squirrels are not very successful at getting any seed.   They usually fall off first.   Maybe there is an almost squirrel-proof birdfeeder.   Plus we seem to have attracted several more beautiful birds.  Not sure why, but it is fun to watch.   I'll try to get pictures of some of the birds.

The chipmunk has been visiting Chip and Dale on a regular basis.   He/she just comes up to the door and sits on the table in the corner, the one with the watering can.   He looks like he is conversing with the 'boys'.   It does get them moving though.  I'm not sure how Chip and Dale feel about it, but I think it's cute.

Have you ever read the magazine called Urban Farm?  I picked up a copy when we stopped by Whole Foods.  There was an article on growing micro greens indoors.    I have grown sprouts and have enjoyed them, but I think this sounds better.   I was wondering if maybe some of you have tried it?   I was also wondering where to get seeds?

Can you believe that it is August?  The summer is more than halfway gone.   I can hardly believe it!  Fall will be here before we know it...leaf peepers, football, pumpkins, corn mazes,  Halloween, Thanksgiving...and, oh my Christmas.

And you know what, it's a new month which means a new theme...any suggestions?   Oh, and I did get the paper and have totally finished up the curriculum!  WaHoo!!!   On to the musical...

Thanks for visiting...