Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journaling in the Dark!!!

I wasn't too sure if I would be able to post tonight.   We lost electricity just about the time I was getting ready to work on my blog.   After making sure that there were working flashlights for everyone we went to bed...it was getting quite cold and the bedding was very inviting.

After snuggling down to stay warm and with sleep close at hand, WHAM, the lights came on!   And I was wide awake once more.   So I debated about staying in bed or getting up and posting.  Guess what, both sides won.   I brought my laptop to bed to write my blog!!!!

JOURNALING:
I decided to try something a bit different.  Instead of a journal book, I am using single sheets of paper.   For this time, I choose a heavy sheet of rag paper (8 1/2" by 11").   Using my ink (for stamping) and a cosmetic sponge and I had some fun creating two pages for journaling.


After folding the sheets in half, I just doodled a form with no particular shape, idea or design in mind and this is what evolved...

The shape reminded me of a woman dancing with joy, so I went with the idea of expressing joy toward all of life.   And from there I decided to write words to express that joy.   Check out these pictures to see how the design played out...

 And here is the finished journal page...
(For some reason, the pictures I took for this post didn't turn out as well as I would have liked and for that I apologize.) 

A JOURNAL PROMPT: 
If your interested in journaling and I hope you will at least give it a try, why not try this over the next week or so.   Grab your journaling supplies, be it an actual journal, or a simple piece of paper and a pencil.   

If you want to create a background first you can use your inks as I did.   Or you can use watercolors (even your kid's) and simply mix several colors to make a background that you like.  You can even tear pieces of paper (maybe from a magazine, or flyers) and glue them down for a background.

When the background is done.   Take your pencil and just doodle to see what developes.   Once you are happy with it, you can go over the pencil marks with a marker if desired.  

Remember, there is no right or wrong way to journal, only your way, so just enjoy the process and have fun.

Let me know how things work out for you.
  
Thanks for stopping by...see you tomorrow...