Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Simpler Inner Life

WEEDS IN THE SNOW!
I know, it's kind of weird, but they looked so statuesque that I had to take a close-up picture. 

Well, last week I invited you to join me with a cup of coffee or tea as we discussed Wednesday's possibilities...a simpler life.   I hope you have had some time to think about what it means to you.   Remember, the only person that can define a simpler life for you is you!!!

Personally, I don't think there is an end to the ways of achieving a simpler life.   I really believe that it is a process rather than an event with a beginning and an end.   We may begin, but very often the process takes over and continues...

A simpler life not only entails our physical realm...you know 'things' we own (or do they own us?)...but it also includes our minds, inner self, soul or whatever you feel comfortable calling it.  And sometimes that part of ourselves is even harder to change or 'simplify'.

There's a book of daily readings by Sarah Ban Breathnach called 'Simple Abundance:  A Daybook of Comfort and Joy.   It has been around for several years.   As a matter of fact, I read it several years ago and found it helpful at that time.   

I began reading it again at the beginning of the year and realized that there is much to be gained once again.   I think it speaks to each person where they are in life.  

She has also written a workbook that goes along with the book.   It is called 'The Simple Abundance Companion'.  I thought that this may be a helpful resource to continue my quest for a simpler life.

I know that both are available in e-book format if you are interested.   I would suggest that you check with your local library to see if they have a copy of her writings.   That way you can decide if this book is for you.

Maybe you know of a book that speaks to our inner self and focuses on simple living.   If you're so inclined, I would love to have you share it with me.

I know that we are at the beginning of our conversation about simpler life.  I do hope you will continue to join me as we go down this road to simple living.

I also hope you will take a look at Breathnach's books to see if they appeal to you.   

Thanks for visiting...stop by tomorrow and we'll talk about 'inchies'...