Thursday, February 24, 2011

Two Feet of Snow...Sounds Like a Crafting Day!!!

On the road from Park City to Salt Lake City...
And we're expecting two feet of snow!!! 

I love all sorts of creative crafting.
I really enjoy trying out new crafts.
How about you?
Here's a couple that I have been working on...

First my inchies for the next swap...Winter Rose.   I managed to finish them including an envelope for each one.   Here's a couple pictures...

Our next inchie swap theme is April Flowers.    I have assembled some items I want to use in these inchies.  The top picture is the complete assembly and the remaining pictures show close-ups of individual items...






Another craft that I have been working with is origami.   Now some folks may think that origami is not a craft, but I really enjoy it.   And I want to incorporate some of the objects into my mixed-media journals and even the inchies.   

The first object is a box and top folded out of a single sheet of paper.   This is my first box and you will notice a bit of tape where I, unfortunately, tore a bit of the paper.   Still, it turned out quite well.

The second piece of origami is a book.   Again, this is folded out of a single sheet of paper.   I had to try this several times to get it right.   But I think the finished product is spectacular...

By the way, most origami paper comes with one side that is in color and one side that is white.   I find that it does make a difference to fold carefully and to make the creases sharp.   One tool that is helpful is a bone folder.   Mine is out of wood and is very inexpensive.

There are several places on the internet to find origami instructions but I recommend going to YouTube and using their videos.   For both of these origami pieces, it really helped to see the actual folds.   

I know that I said I would show you some of the embellishments on the fabric art piece I am working on, but although it did get quilted with gold thread, I did not get time to add the embellishments.   Needed to get some shopping done in case we really do get two feet of snow.   

Here's what it looks like with the quilting...

Well, that's what I've been up to in the crafting area.   

Thanks for visiting.   See you tomorrow...