Friday, February 25, 2011

Frugality and Exercise

I did manage to work a bit on embellishing my art piece...
 

I brought several containers of beads when we moved out here so I had a nice variety to choose from...

Frugal Friday and Exercising...
Do you exercise regularly?   It is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.   I'm sure all of us can list the ways in which it is beneficial.    But sometimes the costs can be prohibitive and without some  routine to follow, many folks - me included - find that they lose interest.

I am finally getting back to exercising on a regular basis.   I know that many folks join gyms and have success keeping fit.   But I have never really been in a position to do that either because of financial considerations or time and location restraints.   

My solution was to check out several exercises videos from the library to see which ones I enjoyed enough to use on my own.   I found that I like walking and yoga.   But I also needed some strength work.   

So after checking through dozens and dozens of exercise videos, I found four walking videos, two yoga videos and three strength training videos.   A plus was that each video has from two to five different routines.  

I could have continued to check out the videos from the library, but could not always be assured of the availability of the ones I enjoyed using.

So after researching the cost,  I decided to purchase them on line.  My initial financial investment amounted to around $78.00 but I have enough different routines for three weeks.    And as I chose exercises that I do enjoy doing, I have less of a problem continuing to exercise even when it is the last thing I want to do.

Another frugal aspect is that exercise is great for your health as well as your disposition.   I also find that I am much happier after exercising.   I usually exercise five days a week, but give myself a break on the weekends although weather permitting, I try to get a walk in on the weekend.

I'd like to know what your favorite method of exercising is?   Do you exercise regularly?   Do you have any other frugal ideas about exercising?   I would love to hear about them.

Thanks for visiting.   See you next week...