Friday, April 26, 2013

Mowing, Weeds, Mail Art and Quilting...

That's quite a mouthful....

The weather is still nice...sunny, warm - but a light weight jacket or sweatshirt is still needed!   Yesterday I hung out clothes - not a favorite past time - but as I have no dryer, a necessity.   Today, I mowed the lawn!!!

I purchased a small electric mower - corded, not battery.   Let me tell you, the grass was still a bit damp and in many places it was 6 inches high, but that little mower cut right through all of it.   And without the need to pull a starter cord!!!!

Okay, so I told you how everyone else's yard has beautiful flowers.   Not mine.   Mine has beautiful weeds.   And I mean that in the best sense.   I love dandelions and I found five...count 'em...five dandelions in the yard.   Had to take pictures...


I also love these tiny blue weeds.   Not sure what they are called, though.   Unfortunately, the blue doesn't photograph very well...

And finally,  I'm not sure what these are, but they are popping up all over...

I'm still working on my mail art.   I decided to go with doodles first.   I have two done but am not completely happy with either of them.   So I will be working on creating more this weekend.  I did find out that applying a layer of Mod Podge really gives a nice pebbly finish that I love...


And I am continuing to quilt the 'forest' piece.   I did a lot of free motion only to realize that it wasn't working out too well.   To many of the stitches were coming loose.   I don't have a darning attachment for this machine...think it may be too old for one.  

So I went back and did a grid and am now doing the diagonal stitches.   It doesn't sparkle in the pictures, but it does in real life.   (Guess I have to work more on my camera skills.)   But this is what it looks like so far...

How was your week?   Get everything on your 'to do' list done?   My list is always much longer than is possible to accomplish but I did get the major things done.

And now the weekend...oh how I love weekends.   I like to watch my PBS shows, lounge in my pj's and play in my studio.  I want to finish my mail art this weekend and then start gathering things for my next swap.  Hope your plans include things you like to do.   And if they don't, be sure to add time for at least one thing you enjoy.

Thanks for stopping in and spending you time here...

See you next week...