Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Morning Blues?!?!

Monday morning blues?   Not really, but today was a busy day.   Laundry day, cleaning day and just regular all-around housekeeping.    It was sunny, windy and cool but the clothes got dry, the main floor got cleaned and most of the all-around housekeeping jobs got done.   Anything left over will be tackled tomorrow.

How was your weekend?   Mine was pleasantly creative.   And it was so nice to hear from my kids wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.   I even got some great surprise gifts...that's always nice.

But, I also worked on a couple pieces from my 'Sticky Fingers' class.    Remember this background...

It was still wet when I took the picture.   Here's what it looked like after it dried.   Much lighter...

Actually, too light.   So I applied a wash of yellow acrylic paint before adding the rest of the images.   I really like the results...

I had so much fun that I created a background to make a wonky landscape...

I going to apply a wash of blue acrylic paint to the sky.   Next, I will be adding a wonky house or two and some trees.

Call the Midwife is a great show and like lots of you, I have enjoyed watching it.   But, I discovered London Hospital this weekend and absolutely fell in love with the show.   Yes, it's a bit on the gory side and it does deal with early medicine history.   And it also addresses the issues of poverty. 

I recommend it.   If you're like me, watch the first episode and your hooked.   I'm making my way through the second season.   I think there are three seasons.  

There's a new journal prompt posted.   This one could be really fun...

Thanks for visiting. 

See you tomorrow...