Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday's Musings

Cool weather persists.   Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's so hopefully it will be warm enough to work outside.

The good news is that the tulips are beginning to open.   These are beautiful...


Of course, they're my favorite color.  As a matter of fact, the entire bed is coming alive with color...

Here's the progressions for two journal pages...





Any planning and organizing for the pages?  Nope!   Just took what was at hand and added it.   By the way, I think the reason that the final pages are so light is because they were taken in sunlight.   It really does make a difference AND the colors are much closer to the actual page.

I'm taking an online class with Ellen Lindner called Sticky Fingers.   The first step is to create the background out of fabric, paint or fabric and paint.   Here's my background so far...
I will be adding paint once this dries.   I'm thinking of a light yellow wash...what do you think?  By the way, this is done on a 12 inch wood mounted canvas.

There's a new journal prompt up for the week.   I've already begun my journal page.   I'll share it tomorrow...

Hope you had a great weekend...

Thanks for visiting...

See you tomorrow...